4.30.2012

ladies and gentlemen... she is crafty.

sorry its been awhile... ive been a little busy being an awesomely crafty mom for the littlests' first birthday party yesterday! super fun!

i got my craft on thanks to pinterest and a couple cool little mom blogs. (ill give them credit when i get to the good parts)

i totally made all my own decorations and im pretty proud of myself, i always say that i am not crafty or in any way creative, but i definitely had fun attempting to prove myself wrong with this party. and let me also say that i had no problem tooting my own horn yesterday whenever anyone asked about the decor... they were promptly told that all were made by the one and only krp- etsy store to be coming soon. ha ha! kidding! now that ive worked it all up and youre expecting some grand thing... it was all simple, just a slight color theme. i made three dimensional stars in a couple sizes and hung them around the room and i made his banner. neither were hard at all, just time consuming, but worth it!

thanks to this blog i was able to make the paper stars


and thanks to this blog i had some inspiration and instruction to help with the banner.


and thanks to a fabulous suggestion from my cousins fantastic wife that i love, i am also posting a picture of my fruit dip. ha ha! because i spent so much time decorating, i kinda slacked on the food... normally ill make some delicious treats but since time was not on my side i opted for a lot of pre-made foods, good just not homemade. other than a cheese dip and my fruit dip. and my fruity dip is delicious. yeah, ill say it. its pretty awesome. so here it is and its the easiest thing ever.

krp's fruity grandma dip:
1 pkg instant vanil pudding
1 container cool whip (set out to thaw)
grand mariner (as much as you want!)
make the pudding according to the directions.
mix with the cool whip (if you want it to stay fluffier just mix by hand)
then mix in a little grandma to taste! delicious!
 
of course nothing is being cooked or heated so its definitely still full alcohol content, so if there are kiddies in attendance, be aware if they all start lingering around the fruity dip...

so there we go. i am offically crafty.

  ill post more fun birthday stuff after our brithday trip to the zoo!

No comments:

my views map


cutest blog on the block