4.05.2012

terrible mom.

this will not be a good post.

but i dont think it would be fair to leave it out just because it makes me look like a terrible mom.

so here it goes...

yesterday we had a lot going on. im making candy for a breast cancer bake sale and i needed more molds because making just a few pieces at a time just wasnt cutting it. so after packing up my crew, we headed to my moms because she said she had some molds that i could look through to see if any would work. i grabbed a few but still needed a specific one so we ran out to the craft store, where of course they didnt have what i needed, so i loaded the kids back up and we went to craft store #2- michaels had my mold, woot woot!

we get home, have a quick lunch and get the kids down for a nap. it was a little late so they were cranky and fought it a bit, but finally went out. so i came down to the kitchen to get started on some more candy before the kids got up.

some candy is made, ive done my hair and have the kids clothes ready when they start to stir. i get the big boy up and ready (were meeting daddy at the mall to see the easter bunny and then meeting some friends for dinner), and then i get the littles dressed. heres comes the terrible part... i could almost vomit just thinking about it right now.

the boys are both playing on bed like they always do, im on the phone with my mom and standing literally right next to the bed. but im not entirely facing the bed, im sort of diagonal, my hip is touching the quilt when i hear a thud and realize that the baby has rolled right off the bed. i immediately pick him because you remember, im standing right there. he was totally fine, and laughing within two minutes of falling.

but i successfully managed to freak out my mom who hung up on me to rush over to my house, scare the crap out of both of my children, almost make myself vomit, and realize that because they are normally okay i have become far too relaxed with them.

you think just because youre standing right there that they will be fine, but its not always the case... i know things happen to everyone, but that totally doesnt make me feel any less like a terrible mom. eventually i wont feel the need to vom everytime i think about it, but right now its pretty awful. but my little guy is fine and still loves me just as much.

go hug your kids.

No comments:

my views map


cutest blog on the block