2.24.2014

the single sock mingle.

ok so this isn't really pregnancy related, unless you wanna say that it stems from a weirdly early case of nesting spawned by nice weather over the weekend, but that may be stretching it a bit...


I decided for no other reason than I was sick of the mess, to absolutely clean up our bedroom which seems to be a catch all for everything that no one has any idea of where it should go...  I went through the closet and got clothes together to donate, I actually moved furniture to vacuum underneath (totally not a k.roof move by the way...) I dusted, put away the 357 articles of clothing left behind by my two toddlers that believe that my bedroom is their second room, and got down on my hands and knees and cleaned spots on the carpet.  I know, im a rockstar.  ha ha, isn't it sad that I am totally giving myself props for regular cleaning?..  ive just been feeling so sick that other things have been highly neglected.


so in my mad woman cleaning, i was forced to at the very least acknowledge laundry mountain that is the newest attraction in my basement.  and the only positive spin i can put on it is that is clean, of course i have a couple loads down there that need to be washed, but the mountain itself is clean and just waiting, wrinkles settled in, to be folded and carried up to the third floor to be put away in its rightful place.  i just hate carrying the laundry up.  i truly hate it.  and id like to blame it on pregnancy, but i hate it even when im not pregnant.  ill wash and fold laundry all day long, doesn't bother me a bit...  but carrying it all the way upstairs, ugh...  hate.  but im getting off topic...  in my acknowledgement of said mountain, i looked at the pile of socks sadly waiting to mated with their partner.  and then that made me think of the 'sock bag.'


do you have a sock bag?  or a 'sock basket' as we had growing up...  you know, a place where all the single socks go to mingle until their long lost soul mate decide to show up, maybe he was lost in the dryer, maybe she fell behind the dresser, maybe they got a hole and were thrown away leaving their friend behind to a lonely life of solitude in the sock bag. 


so i start thinking of our sock bag which is really just a reusable recycled bag that holds all the singles, and i was wondering if that was normal or if i just think its normal because i had a version of this growing up... i mean, like what do you guys do with those socks?  and then i started wondering about what other weird things im doing that my children will one day do thinking its totally normal and maybe its not at all...  im sure there are plenty...  poor kids.

No comments:

my views map


cutest blog on the block