9.02.2010

my awesome downtown.

i had my first 'real' ob appointment today at my new practice... (had to switch because of a change in insurance)

and i am really super happy with how it went! woot!

i met the dr and he went over my previous pregnancy info, problems, and questions. and then he offered to do an ultrasound after i promised that i would not cry or freak out in any way if we didnt see a heartbeat because im so early.

he decides to just go ahead and do my exam in the ultrasound room instead of making me strip down twice to just move down the hallway. while hes checking out the downtown which i was nervous about for some reason... you would think after having a million people check it out with the last pregnancy it would be old hat, but nope, still got all tense. anyway, he does the whole downtown check and asks how long ago it was that i gave birth, i tell him that my son will be one year in two weeks and he says that i 'healed very nicely' ha ha!!! he even said that he never wouldve thought that i had ever given birth. i guess all those awesome kegels i did the last time were totally worth it! weird, but funny. i kinda liked that he was so candid, clearly i operate the same way.

link to kegel refresher

the dr shows me the ultrasound screen and i see a little black spot which is the baby, no heartbeat yet but thats ok, im going back in two weeks and we should definitely see it by then. so i now have a picture of my little black dot. woohoo! bummer that we didnt see the heartbeat but at least it was verified that the fertilized egg actually made it to the uterus so thats a good thing.

No comments:

my views map


cutest blog on the block