2.11.2009

tests, tests, & more tests!

i had my first prenatal visit yesterday that consisted of peeing in my one millionth cup, being weighed for the hundredth time, having tons of information thrown at me, and being stuck with numerous needles without the nurse ever being able to draw blood.

so i had absolutely no idea what to expect at this appt so i didnt ask wade to come because i thought they were just taking more blood... i was wrong. the dr went over all of the tests they were going to run on my blood including the various optional tests that could be done to find out if our baby is susceptible to cystic fibrosis, down syndrome, ect. it was not the greatest thing to hear on your first 'big visit.' oh well, i guess they gotta tell you about all that stuff sooner or later... the only positive from the appt was getting prescription prenatals with a stool softener, ha ha!

the morning sickness has definitely come in and my lower back is killing me! so im not as lucky as i thought i was gonna be and completely skip out on any bad symptoms of pregnancy... ha ha, so much for wishful thinking!

2 comments:

red said...

girl... it's just not the same if you don't have the morning sickness .. it's like it's not even real without it. lol..
Be thankful it's not the all day "morning" sickness and with luck it will only last the first trimester. You will then be blessed. Another thing to be thankful for is you're not having the morning sickness in the dead hot of summer. gag...
Have you had any cravings for balsamic vinegar yet??? That was my favorite with Liam. I don't remember having any cravings with Jaron though all those years ago. crazy pregnancies...

Mary said...

I was the same at the beginning of my pregnancy. For the first two weeks I thought I was so lucky b/c I wasn't feeling sick at all...then we went to the beach for vacation and it hit so hard! The only thing that's gotten me through is hearing that being sick typically means the baby is doing great :)

my views map


cutest blog on the block