6.24.2009

blue balls.

yesterday, while laying on the couch watching my stomach do what i can only describe as twitch, i came to realize two things. 1) my son is a very, very active little man and might possibly have ADD, and 2) that i should change my belly button ring. but first, let me tell you of how this blog came to be titled in the way that it is...

im looking at my belly, thinking that i should change the color of the balls on my belly button ring from pink to blue to represent the little man that is currently somersaulting inside of me. and of course, being the ding ding that i am, i start speaking to my mom as though she has been witness to my entire mental thought process on the subject and say 'i should change to blue balls.' lucky for me, after years of experience with my craziness, my mom realizes what im talking about and decides that 'blue balls' would be a great title for my next blog, and in that also suggests that its about time for a new blog entry.

pillow talk.

we finally picked out a crib! yay! but, i think like most women, this is a huge decision and i would kinda like to see it in person before we take the plunge and purchase the baby's bed for the next 10 years or so... i think that a convertible crib is the only way to go. you get a crib, a toddler bed, and a full size bed all in one! so we find one we like at jc penny online and decide to go to the mall to check it out and we're told that we can see it at the fair oaks location, so we drive out there only to be told that all nursery furniture is only available online. seeing that im a little disappointed, wil wants to keep our evening fun so he takes me to gymboree (super cute kids clothing) where there is an awesome sale going on... wil was so adorable getting so excited about all the baby clothes i actually got teary. my husband is the cutest! i am so emo these days.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Okay, I have to lend my advice. I got a Jcpenney crib and changing station. It sucked! The screws wouldn't match up when we were putting it together! Had to take it all back. Then we went to Baby2Teen, sooooooo expensive and bad customer service and the stuff is still back ordered to this day. So we finally had to cancel that! Just be careful with the Jcpenney stuff. Put it together asap to make sure you don't need to take it back b/c you only get like 7 days to bring it back.

krp said...

wow... i was worried about things like that, so if we actually do order it, were having it sent to the store first to check it out before we make our final decision. but good to know what to look for problem wise...

so where did you end up getting your nursery furniture?!

Mary said...

We decided just to suck it up and use the free crib and changing station my cousin gave us as a hand down. It's not my style, and that's why we were buying new stuff, but now I am realizing he will just use this when I eventually put him in his room (he's in the bassinet next to me for now) and then when he's a big boy we'll get him new furniture. I'm also worried he'll be too long/big for the crib convertible as a teen. May as well go with a regular bed for him in our case :) Hope your furniture works out better for you though. Jcpenney has the best looking furniture. It was a shame it didn't work for us. Oh well :)

my views map


cutest blog on the block