8.04.2009

sicily, 1922.

so we finally hit the 32 week mark which apparently is a huge milestone. and as the baby is putting on more and more weight, he is slowly crushing all of my internal organs. i can barely walk up the steps with stopping to 'take a breather.' yes, i am aware that i am very much like an old person.

picha dis... (said in the voice of sophia from the golden girls)

sicily, 1922. (ha ha, kidding, still with sophia in my mind) a couple weeks ago, my mom, my sister and i are going to costco after a day of running errands all over northern va. i am starving so i force them to stop at burger king for me to feed this little man throwing a fit inside of me. i get a double cheesburger and a medium drink, not knowing at the time that burger king has sneakily changed all their sizes and i am actually getting a large drink which is absolutely gigantic, im pretty sure i had a liter of cola.

so we're walking into costco and i have my hands full with burger and aforementioned liter of cola when i catch a glimpse of myself in the reflection of some windows... i am wearing only a wifebeater tank top which stretches quite comfortably over my large belly, and jeans. the tank top has ridden up during my waddle into the costco revealing the lower portion of my round mountain (it can no longer be described in cute terms like 'bump'). needless to say, i was disgusted by myself and proceeded to yell at the only two women in my life i would expect to call me out on something like this no matter what!

their one defense was that its a long way to see the underside of my belly... they did promise to tell me that if i ever leave the house without the bottoms to my bikini on, they would notice and inform, since i have recently admitted that i can no longer see that area of myself.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is a hilarious story! At the end of my pregnancy, my shirts, even maternity, had a hard time covering up the bands on my pants. It was so frustrating! It's almost go time though! yay!

my views map


cutest blog on the block