10.07.2009

dont be scurred.


my sweet little man.

it has been brought to my attention that i may have scared the poop out of some readers with my pregnancy story. that was not at all my intent, actually, i left out the bad parts to spare some of you who have not yet had children.

i know a lot of what i wrote probably did sound bad but it truly wasnt terrible. i think that the worst part of the entire day was the vomitting. the breaking of my water wasnt pleasant in any way, but nothing that would make you think 'oh my gosh i cant do this ever again!' ha ha! and there was some pain in the beginning when i was still trying to be all hard core and refusing pain meds, but after that, i truly didnt feel anything. youre so numb with the epidural that you really dont even know where youre pushing when they tell you to push. ha ha!

i dont know that everyone would agree with me on this because my dad and my sister reported hearing a few very loud and seemingly in pain other pregnant women down my hall... they were worried that i would hear them too and freak out, but i didnt, so that was good. and when i was going through my pushing time, i didnt make any noise, i think all the screaming that some women do is just for effect, or because they too became obsessed with the discovery health channel and watched 263 birth stories and felt the need to emulate all of those women that screamed bloody murder during labor.

so dont be scared. even though i am not one of those ladies that absolutely loved being pregnant, i still plan on doing it a couple more times, so it couldnt be that bad.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your story didn't scare me :) I tried to work through the pain too, and took those IV drugs (worst thing ever!!). I was lucky enough to get the epidural guy when I quit though. Sorry you had to live with the pain a bit longer. I'd give birth over and over and over again (not sure about c-section obviously) but I HATE being pregnant!! LOL

my views map


cutest blog on the block