10.16.2009

a word of advice.

in my head the reason that people enjoy my blog is because i am brutally and sometimes too honest with the things that i go through. but i have always been an open person and i believe that a lot of other women have gone through these same things but are too embarrassed to talk about it. and even if they havent, who cares?

as i am sure many of you remember, i touched on the subject of kegel exercises back in march when i first realized that every tiny sneeze or burst of laughter may cause me to pee on myself. i started the kegels and after a short while i did notice that i was no longer crossing my legs to prep myself before every sneeze. this particular blog is to warn all you preggos out there that you must, i repeat, you must continue the kegels as soon as you can after you give birth.

once home from the hospital after pushing a 6 lb baby (i know, hes little, i have no right to complain) out of my downtown, i was not thinking of the kegels or anything else that work the muscles of that area that was already sore, stitched up, and swollen beyond recognition. bad move. once i was healed, or on the way to a normal vagine, i shouldve started those kegels back up with a vengence! and you should too!

after returning home from some errands the other day, i squatted down to unbuckle avery and save him from the confines of his car seat. while in this fabulously attractive squatting position, i felt a sneeze coming on, and then realized that is is terribly difficult to clench the downtown muscles during a squat and that there was no possible way that i could stand up in time... so i sneezed in my squat and i didnt just pee on myself a little, i definitely peed. i peed like i had been holding it for ten minutes and finally reached a bathroom. it was absolutely no fun and all i could think was 'thank goodness this happened while i was home.'

so to all you pregnant women out there reading this blog, continue with your kegels, they may just save you from peeing on yourself during a squat.

in other news: we had some pics taken of the little man! you can go to this website to get a little sneak peak at whats to come... hes just too cute!

libby benson photography

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your pics are awesome!!! I love that you always get one of him smiling :)

I just want to give you something to look forward to. I NEVER did kegels...not when I was pregnant and not after, and about 3 1/2 months after he was born I stopped peeing myself when I sneezed or coughed. I'm sure everyone is different though and it probably depends how many kids you've popped out as well :) haha, but from someone who popped out an almost 10 pounder, it gets better!

my views map


cutest blog on the block