3.27.2012

alarm clock etiquette.

let me start by saying that i love my husband, i really do. hes the best.

BUT he has terrible alarm clock etiquette. and its not just him, i think its a guy thing in general. in the past i have dated other dudes that do the same thing he does every morning.

i am a very light sleeper, i always have been and i think its even worse now that my subconcious is anxious about listening for the babies.

so this is a typical morning.

4 am: littles wakes up, nurses about 20 minutes, falls back to sleep right around 4:30.

4:35: alarm goes off. after about a minute of loud beeping which seems like forever when youre just waiting for someone to turn it off, hubs turns it off. baby wakes up.

4:45: baby is asleep again.

4:50: alarm starts its yelling again. hubs gets get and hits snooze again. baby wakes up.

4:55: baby is asleep and i quickly put him in his room.

5:05: alarm again. snooze again.

and this vicious cycle continues on for however long my husband feels the need to sleep in 10 minute spurts. on occasion he has hit the snooze button so many times that the alarm just doesnt go off anymore and i have to wake him.

i know i dont really have to wake up that early... i mean i do because of the baby but im not starting my day that early. i get a couple more hours. but i am definitely not getting any sleep during the alarm dance that goes on every morning in the krade house. btw, the volume on the alarm is at the max.

and i guess i just dont get it... in my head if i have the ability to hit snooze from 4:35 until 5:30, then im just setting my alarm for 5:30. i feel like an entire extra hour of sleep attached to my night is much better than the sleep, wake, sleep, wake thing boys do. am i the only one that doesnt understand this?

love you gum shoe. but i hate your alarm. ♥

3 comments:

droidemperor said...

I get what you're saying and I agree that it's better to get that extra hour than 6 ten minute spurts! I get up at 5 every morning, get the littles to be nursed, sleep till maybe 5:30, put the baby back in his room and then get up to make the wife breakfast. Then get the wife up at 5:45

Anonymous said...

Every morning his alarm goes off at 5:30... Even weekends... He turns it off. I proceed to doze, not sleep for another hour until mine goes off. Then, I get up, have coffee and play on the iPad. He proceeds to wake up about 7:30..... Why God, does he insist on setting the alarm for 5:30?! Lol

krp said...

preachin to the choir! these kids need to get it right... maybe for christmas they can all get the vibrating alarms for deaf people. hmmm... i may actually try that.

my views map


cutest blog on the block